Emerging out of the steep cliff in Nisf Jubeil is AbdelHamid Palace. The Palace was built between 1890 and 1910 by an architect from Jifna. The building was used as the home of Abdel Hamid Mahmoud Daghlas – the Sheikh or ruler of Nisf Jubeil, Burqa, Jnisinya, Sebastiya and other villages surrounding – and family. It was a building open 24/7 to serve the village and its guests, representing the source of prosperity for Nisf Jubeil: creating jobs, providing shelter, hosting guests, and ensuring stability.
Abdel Hamid was the last Sheikh for Nisf Jubeil, after which Israel occupied the area and ruled militarily. Abdel Hamid himself died in 1960. The sons and wives of Abdel Hamid, fled to Jordan, Kuwait and other countries that allowed Palestinian refugee, while others remained in hiding in the vicinities of the village and neighboring villages.